02 May 2013

So the rumors are true! I really didn't believe them until I showed up here at A Life Bound By Books and saw it with my very own eyes. But they’re true!!!

Lisa’s blog has been hijacked.

Oh my gosh! I am so excited... I mean, I’m so worried about Lisa. If her blog has been taken over by a bunch of rogue book bloggers then where is she? If she were okay she never would have let us have a free-for-all on her blog. Lisa’s way too much the professional for that.

I've been told that she’s on a “family vacation” but I have my own theories about where she really is and it most certainly isn't on vacation. After all, Lisa knows that there is no such thing as a break for us tireless book bloggers. And she never would have taken a break from reading. I've seen pictures of her bookshelves, she’s way too much of a book addict for that.

And... she would never have let me take over her blog for a second, let alone a day. I do have a tendency to cause mischief. Or ramble on endlessly, much to many a reader’s chagrin.

But here I am. And here she’s not. So I’m going to take full advantage.

And I’m going to share exactly what I think happened to Lisa which led to the opening up of her book blog’s proverbial doors.

First, let me let you in on a little secret. That expression “getting lost in a book” isn't just an expression. No. It’s true. As any avid reader will tell you, every so often someone they know gets lost in a book.

That’s right. The story grabs hold and pulls them right in. Sometimes at the story’s end they’re allowed to return to their lives. Other times... well... they’re so caught up by the story that they never return. And they’re only seen again when the book goes into a second printing... or if it does.

Well that’s what I believe happened to Lisa. It was no family vacation that caused her to leave her book blog unattended. To be taken over. To be hijacked. No. Lisa is organized. She’s a planner. If she were truly going on vacation she’d have prepared and scheduled posts to cover those days of her absence. And she wouldn't truly be absent.

But to allow days and weeks to go by without even a peep... well, that’s not like Lisa at all. Which only reinforces my belief that she was swallowed up by one of the tomes she had been perusing.

As I hadn't been closely following Lisa’s reading piles immediately prior to her disappearance, I am not certain where to even begin to guess.

I can only hope she wasn't reading Julie Kagawa’s THE ETERNITY CURE. While Lisa may very well have the skills to survive as an Unregistered, things have taken a bit of a darker turn in this sequel. And I’m not confident of Lisa’s fortitude to withstand all the horrors that have befallen New Covington. Even if she does manage to make it through, the series doesn't end with this book, which means it could be awhile before she’d be allowed to return.

And I hope she hasn't gone back in time to the world of shadowhunters and downworlders in Cassandra Clare’s CLOCKWORK PRINCESS. Because there is just too much of a temptation to remain in that world with those characters. And as Lisa is quite familiar with life across the pond, she just might not want to return to reality and her book blog. She may even choose to stay lost in that world until such time as Jace, Clary, Simon, Alec and Isabelle make their appearance.




Maybe, just maybe, she’s lost in Brodi Ashton’s EVERBOUND with the Everlivings. Trapped in a maze that is fraught with peril. Or perhaps she’s decided to try and save Varen Nethers in Kelly Creagh’s ENSHADOWED, a book she’d been anxious to read. But a world that dark would be nearly impossible to escape, so I hope she’s not lost there.


Hopefully she’s lost in a romance, though her appearance would potentially turn a love story into a love triangle and that would make it a bittersweet or even tragic one. And I know Lisa wouldn't want to get in the way of anyone’s happily ever after. So, I suppose I hope she’s not lost in that type of story either.

Well... I could go on guessing, but I don’t think I’ll ever know, unless or until Lisa decides to reappear, the book decides to release her, or her name becomes etched forever on the story’s pages in a subsequent printing.

I will just keep my fingers crossed for her safety and her safe return. And I’ll grin just a little bit because I got the chance to take over her lovely blog for a day, even if it is without her permission.

And no, I am not in the least bit ashamed that I have hijacked A Life Bound By Books. It’s just so pretty here. If I could, I’d stay just a little bit longer. But there is a code amongst thieves.

Before I go, though, I just want to say one thing to Lisa...

Lisa, whatever book you are lost in, in whatever world you’re navigating, with whatever friends and foes you encounter, I hope it’s one that you are enjoying enough to make the fact that your blog has been hijacked not quite so upsetting.

And if you do return with a vengeance against those who have taken over your little space on the interwebs, I seriously hope that no one taught you how to use a katana, a broadsword or crossbow. And I really hope you know how awesome I think you are.



Find Rachel Online:

Fiktshun | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Tumblr

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

4 comments:

  1. too good really!! wonderful Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this.This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this post Rachel! Thanks for putting a smile on my face.

    And Lisa, wherever you may be (the UK or otherwise), I hope you are having a total blast! ~hugs~ =^.^=

    ReplyDelete

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love