23 April 2013


Title: Suddenly Royal
Author: Nichole Chase
Publisher: 464 Pages, (April 23rd, 2013)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads

Synopsis: Samantha Rousseau is used to getting her hands dirty. Working toward a master’s degree in wildlife biology while helping take care of her sick father, she has no time for celebrity gossip, designer clothes, or lazy vacations. So when a duchess from the small country of Lilaria invites her to dinner, Samantha assumes it’s to discuss a donation for the program. The truth will change the course of her life in ways she never dreamed.

Alex D’Lynsal is trying to keep his name clean. As crown prince of Lilaria, he’s had his share of scandalous headlines, but the latest pictures have sent him packing to America and forced him to swear off women—especially women in the public eye. That is, until he meets Samantha Rousseau. She’s stubborn, feisty, and incredibly sexy. Not to mention heiress to an estate in his country, which makes her everyone’s front-page news.

While Sam tries to navigate the new world of politics and wealth, she will also have to dodge her growing feelings for Alex. Giving in to them means more than just falling in love; it would mean accepting the weight of an entire country on her shoulders.

Review: 4 Stars - Suddenly Royal is the latest title from author Nichole Chase. It’s a contemporary modern day fairy tale for one American graduate student who finds herself the inherited duchess of a far away country.

Sam loves birds. She’s spent her whole collegiate life studying them and is looking forward to finishing her graduate course on her passion. With her mom gone and her father sick she could have never guessed who or what was about to walk into her life or the path she was about to find herself walking down. She’s a great character, just your everyday normal college girl who’s trying to pay the bills, take care of her father and complete her graduate course. Stepping into the Royal shoes had to have been tough and Chase does a great job conveying that to the reader.

I really loved reading all about Sam and watching how her life changes. It felt like I was watching a movie and the scenes were all happening right before my eyes. That’s the good and the bad about this book. The good because of how well it was written, that I was able to visualize the characters  and their story so clearly; the bad, because I felt like it had a similar plot along the lines of The Prince and Me or even slightly like The Princess Diaries. While I do like those two movies, I was pleasantly surprised to see how Chase had infused enough of her own spin into the story that made things have a fresh take. The characters for one and the way she takes care in making sure you truly know them and the other main differences would be the birds and falconry and the country – Lilaria – and its politics.

The romance between Sam and Alex, the prince of Lilaria was simmering right under the surface. That part of their relationship was bubbling waiting to break free. I liked the teases we had from their first meeting and couldn’t wait to see how their relationship would change throughout the story. Alex was one character I wish I had a chance to learn more about. While Chase had taken such care with all of her characters I felt he was slightly lacking because of his Royal status and his past. He has some baggage that was only touched upon. I wanted to see him have a real conversation with Sam about what he’s been through not just Sam learning about it from second hand or newspaper articles.

Had the story been slightly more original and there was a bit more information about Alex and his past I could see myself giving this title 5 stars. Since I really loved reading everything else about the book and how Chase built the rest of her characters I’ve given it a bright and shiny 4 stars! Would I read more from this author? Yep! I know this is only the beginning for me in reading more from Chase in the future. I hope we get a chance to read more about Sam and Alex in future books in this “New Adult” series in the future. I recommend this title to anyone who loves a wonderful contemporary. Please know that this is a “New Adult” title and is intended for readers 18 and older. Enjoy!

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love