14 January 2013

Review: Up To Me By: M. Leighton

Title: Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
Author: M. Leighton
Publisher: Self Published (January 6th, 2013)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads
My Review: Down To You (The Bad Boys, #1)

NOTE: Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance - Please be advised that this book is NOT YA friendly, not even in a New Adult category!

Synopsis: Happily ever after doesn't come easy. But for love, it’s always worth the fight.

Olivia finds bliss unlike any she’s ever known in Cash’s arms. He sets her skin on fire and melts her heart right inside her chest. Unfortunately, their happily ever after is short-lived when a shadow from Cash’s past threatens to turn their world upside down.

Dangerous people from his father’s world have discovered that Cash holds information that could put them away for a very long time. And they’re willing to do anything—and hurt anybody—to get it back. Giving it up means Cash must choose between the life of his father and the life of Olivia.

Having nearly overcome her wariness of bad boys, Olivia’s trust is shaken when this new threat arises. Now she finds that Cash is not only a danger to her heart, but his family has associations that are a danger to her life as well. She soon discovers that there are some situations in life where trust is a girl’s only option. And this is one of them. If she’s to live, she must trust Cash with her life. But to Olivia, that’s much, much easier than letting go and trusting him with her heart.

Review: 5 Stars - Up To Me, the second book in the Bad Boys trilogy by author M. Leighton continues right where we were left in the first book – Down To You. With twists happening faster than you can turn the page Leighton continues her epic action and romance with characters that just keep getting hotter and hotter.

The end of Down To You had us teased with a pretty huge cliffhanger. It had my heart racing because I didn't know what was about to happen to Olivia, Cash and Nash. Dangerous people had found the twins and they were after the one person who was closest to them to take back what their father had stolen.

The plot continues stronger than ever, just as the story keeps twisting deeper and deeper. I didn't know how Leighton would keep up the pace but she did and then some. She writes a mean character and a strong story that just keeps you guessing. With the action coming fast and furious and the romance steamier than ever!

With the highest stakes on the line we see a different side to the twins; it’s more raw and harsh yet hotter than ever before. Oh to be a fly on the wall when Leighton writes… WOW!

There are new characters to shock and stun you. There’s much more drama and inner dialogue when it comes to the characters than ever before… because there’s just so much more at stake and to prove. The vulnerability takes on a whole new level from more than one person and I loved getting a chance to meet a better rounded character or two. And then there’s the dialogue these characters share is so entertaining… on many, many levels I can’t even tell you how many times during reading I would reread things because they were just THAT fantastic and then some.

All in all, the second book if I dare say is better than the first. It has everything I loved in the first and then some. Leighton writes some fantastically hot bad boy that’s for sure! With another shocking ending that left me a bit confused and stunned I can honestly say that this is some of the most entertaining stories I've read in awhile. I am without a doubt excited to talk about these two books, thrilled to read them over and over again and will be more than ready to recommend this to anyone looking for a Adult title to fall in love with. Can’t wait for book three! Bring it on and your bad, bad boys Michelle.

FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love