25 September 2012


Title: Power (Soul Savers, #4)
Author: Kristie Cook
Publisher: Ang'dora Productions, 317 Pages (August 24th, 2012)
From: the Author
Format: eARC
Add to: Goodreads

NOTE: This is an ADULT title & is intended for readers 18 and older.

Synopsis: As the stakes rise, can she find her true power?

As the Amadis prepare for war, Alexis returns to Florida with orders to relax, regenerate and replenish her depleted power. But her task list quickly grows—establish a new safe house, learn the art of conversion, find her AWOL protector, help a desperate fan, and protect her son. Oh, and figure out what’s going on with her husband, whose peculiar behavior just might get them killed.

But most important of all, her primary mission: recover her stolen pendant.

The stone in the pendant not only promises hope for the Amadis future, but its unknown qualities make it a possible weapon in the wrong hands. With guidance and power from an improbable source and an unlikely ally by her side, Alexis sets out to retrieve the stone before the enemy discovers its potential for mass destruction. But when she finds herself in the Daemoni’s lair fighting for her life, all hope seems lost. Will she discover the true power she holds in time? And is it enough to save herself, her family and the Amadis?

Power, the next installment of the Soul Savers Series, takes you on a hot and edgy ride with twists and turns you’ll never see coming, leaving you breathless and once again begging for more.

Review: 5 Stars - The latest installment in the Soul Savers Series, Power by author Kristie Cook is the continuation of story and picks up right where we left off in Devotion. From the first book, Promise I was hooked and in love with a rich story and characters who’ll at times warm your heart and at other times break it to pieces. And Power did it all over again and then some.

Oh, how I love this series and these characters. I almost feel like I know them now after spending so much time in their world via the books and guest posts from Kristie. Not to mention that I’m also a character in the series now… which gives me a whole different view point. Kristie has mapped out such an epic story. Such dynamic characters all wrapped in a massive power struggle of good vs. evil. Her story might be filled with vampires, were’s, magic and more yet at the root of it all it’s about what you’d be willing to do for those you love. For what you believe in. And you get to watch just that along with massive character growth right from the very beginning.

Alexis is yet again the center of things and has some even harder decisions to make in this fourth installment. She’s changing and growing but her priorities are still the same, she just has a few more of them and she’s figuring out more of what she’s really made of.

Tristan is dealing with some things in this one too. Sadly, it’s a fate that tends to happen because of who he used to be. I just wish that they’d – Tristan & Alexis –  get a much needed and well deserved break. Tristan has a HUGE spot in my heart. The guy just has so much strength and has so much calmness in him that I even I find it hard to picture him as the man he used to be.

And then we have Owen. I just don’t even know what to say about him right now. I don’t know what’s going on with him but he worries me. Just when I think I know the guy he throws me for a loop and pulls the rug out from under me. He is without a doubt my favorite male character within the story, yet right now my heart hurts for him for what he’s dealing with.

There are some characters we’ve met throughout the series who make somewhat shocking appearances. And the shocks didn’t end there. WOW, talk about a few blindsides! Love where the story went in Power and as always when I finish a book within the Soul Savers Series, I am itching for what’s going to happen next! Also, like mentioned I’m a character in the series, so yeah! Can’t wait to see what the heck Lisa the Faerie does next.

Maybe I’ll get lucky and will get some quality alone time with Owen? I know she’s the one he should end up with. Don’t you agree?

All in All, Power is vivid, thrilling and beautiful! Cook consistently amazes me with characters I love and a story I crave! Power brings a whole new level of strength to this EPIC series! It's a MUST read!


FTC Disclaimer: I did NOT pay for this book, nor have I been compensated at all in any way or means for reading and writing this HONEST review.

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love