04 September 2009

Policies - Privacy and Contests

Privacy Policy:

Privacy is important here at A Life Bound By Books and because of that we take it seriously for everyone, including our younger readers. Blogs and the web in general can be fun and full of new and interesting things. It's a great place to learn about everything far and wide, however everyone needs to act responsibly when sharing any personal information.

For children and their parents, please scroll down for some link's to great places to find further information.

Information Collected here at A Life Bound By Books and Use:

Any and all personal information collected here is not collected for any type of personal use. I can not promise that others might take email or any other information left in the comments area here on this blog. To help keep your or your child further safe I would stress the use of a Google ID or using a Blogger to better control anything you might deem personal online.

Should anyone enter and win a contest on this site, I will need a physical address to send the prize. However, if you are under the age of 13, I have to ask that your parent provide the mailing address. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to check and confirm your age, so I am expecting everyone to be honest in this area please. Any address collected for winning prizes will NOT be shared, given out, sold or otherwise used other then to send the prize won. I will not be keeping anything on file, and the information will be deleted or destroyed after the shipment of any and all prizes to each winner.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to email: alifeboundbybooks AT hotmail DOT com


LINKS:

Children's Online Privacy Resource Guide

COPPA FAQ'S

Privacy Rights

A Huge thanks goes out to Kristi over at the Story Siren for giving all us bloggers out there tips for blogging. :o)


Contest Policy and Rules:


I thought it was a good idea to let everyone know right away some important information including rules so no one has to question anything or possibly be confused.

Each person who enters will need to supply a current and correct email address. I need to be able to reach the winner, so a current and correct email address will always be required.

Each contest will always have the possibility to be a little different then the last, so be sure to read all instructions carefully to get the most out of not only how many entries you might be able to get, but also if there's more to it then just a normal contest.

Winner(s) will be emailed soon after a contest has ended. It's also wise to check the blog postings to find out you've won. If after the 48/72 hour time period is up, and there’s been no contact, another winner(s) will be drawn. (I'll let entrants know ahead of time in the rules for each contest how much time they will have to respond to claim their prize.)

Winner(s) will have 48/72 to contact me via email at: alifeboundbybooks AT hotmail DOT com or, again a new winner(s) will be drawn.

Be sure to not only keep an eye out for contest deadlines, but follow them. ANY AND ALL entries posted after the deadline date will not count at all in the contest. I also have the right to close a contest sooner then the deadline date listed, or extend it.

In each contest the winner(s) will be chosen by random draw using random.org, unless otherwise stated.

Shipment will be made within two to three days after I receive the winner(s) mailing address - unless otherwise informed or stated OR if the prize is shipped from the author or publisher, I have no control over when they sent out contest wins. If the winner would like to know when it's been shipped, be sure to let me know when you provide me your mailing address.

IMPORTANT NOTE: I have NO control over the Postal Service. I usually ship, when possible via Media Mail because I pay for anything I ship from here out of my own pocket. I use boxes when needed and padded envelopes to ship any and all items. I will not be held responsible should your package be damaged or lost or even stolen, that is beyond my control and out of my hands. Sorry.

Some important info to to keep in mind and remember:


-Always check the deadline dates.

-Not all contests will be international, so be sure to check who it's open to.

-All rules subject to change. As I have contests I’m sure I’ll have to make some slight changes to the rules. I will post when any updates are made to this section of the site.

-And last but not least, please follow instructions within each contest. Any entry that doesn't follow any and all instructions or rules will not be eligible to win.

Most importantly, have FUN and Good Luck!!!

Find the Author

Follow me on Twitter     /     Be friends with me on Goodreads
Subscribe to my RSS Feed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment and let me know your thoughts on this post.

Twitter Goodreads Email

Recently Read


Blog Archive

Search the Blog!

Learn more about RAK

Book Soulmates
Xpresso Book Tours

Total Pageviews

Copyright

FTC Disclaimer:

In accordance with FTC Guidelines, I have not received any monetary gain for any information posted within the pages of this website/blog. Any and all information has been provided by the publisher, author and or publicist for free. Content is also based on purchases made by myself or of my guest reviewer(s). Any and all opinions expressed within the pages of this website/blog are solely my own or those of the authors of any and all guest reviewers(s) or guest bloggers.



Related Posts with Thumbnails

About Me

Hi, I’m Lisa and I'm a proud bibliophile.

I enjoy reading and reviewing a variety of different books within the Young Adult, "New Adult" & Adult genres/categories. If you have any questions or if you are an author or publisher and would be interested in promoting a book, please feel free email. You can find my email under the "mail" button or under the contact link at the top of the page.

I look forward to hearing from you!


Authors, Publishers & Publicists

Have a book you'd like me to review or Promote? How about doing an Author Interview? Or maybe a Guest Post? Great! I'd love to! For more information about having your book reviewed here, please follow this link for more information:

Reviews, Interviews, Guest Posts and Contest.

Guest Reviewer Jenny

Guest Reviewer Jenny
Click for info & links to her reviews!

My Ratings

When I review I rate from 1 to 5 stars, 5 being the highest rating. I review based on many different things from the writing, to the story - to the characters and how I can relate to them or how they are developed. I also review based on if an author has worked their magic and was able to draw me into a story so deeply that I don't want to put the book down. If you would like me to review a book, please contact me or view my Contact Information and Review Policy for further details.

5 Stars - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
4 Stars - I Really liked/Loved it.
3 Stars - I liked it/Was pretty good.
2 Stars - It was, eh okay.
1 Star - It just wasn't for me.

Followers

Follow the Blog

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow By Email

Enter your email address:

Grab Me!

Blogs I Love